
Free coffee at Starbucks. When I first saw this story I was afraid it was a hoax. No way would Starbucks really give away coffee for free. On Wednesday morning I cautiously entered my local starbucks at 10:30 A.M., looking for the "FREE COFFEE UNTIL NOON" sign. My heart sunk. I saw no advertisement, and there was not a line out the door. Surely if Starbucks was really giving away coffee people would be lined up down the street!
I sheepishly walked to the counter and placed my order. "One small coffee please."
I refuse to say "tall" "grande" or "venti" when describinng what size of coffee I want. And I especially enjoy when the "barista" repeats my order using the starbucks language.
As my local "barista" was pouring my coffee, I reached into my pocket for two $1 bills. As my "barista" set my "tall" coffee on the counter, she told me there was no charge. Whoa!
No comments:
Post a Comment