Sunday, March 12, 2006

my smile of the week

A wonderful blogger buddy is doing a really great reoccuring column - Timbu's annoyance of the week. Blogging, like music, is essentially stealing. You steal other people's ideas, try to make them your own, fail to mention your inspiration, and pray your readers/hearers don't catch on. I know these things; I was in a band. Now I write a blog; I've given up stealing melodies for stealing words.

But I'm not going to completely steal Timbu's idea. Instead of my "annonyance of the week," I'm going to attempt to write about my smile of the week. Those who know me best will recognize this as a stretch. I'm an accomplished pessimist. For me, annonyance are easy. Smiles are a bit harder.

My smile of the week:
Ana, although only two, is starting to display some of her beautiful mother's cleanliness habits. We were outside today. She walked through some mud. She found a stick and attempted to remove the mud from her shoe. And we have a picture to spread the smile:

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What the hell? only a child could soften yur heart buddy, I'm glad you have two. -denver

gloria said...

that's lovely!