Tuesday, December 13, 2005

tookie

Why does the death penalty make me sick to me stomach?

I read this first person account of the execution of Stanley Tookie Williams and it made me sick to my stomach. I hate the death penalty.

First, I really like Fox News. They make me laugh. Fair and Balanced? Good one. Here's a few gems in the link mentioned above:

"This man was convicted of brutally murdering four innocent people and later bragging about how he watched their last breaths. Tonight I saw his."
--I'm glad the columnist (Adam Housley) is so exciting about watching murder. I'll pass, but he makes it sound like he wants someone to pass the beer nuts.

"
Williams turns his head to his right. He stares at the media. It is a long look and one that attempts to pierce our being in the room. There is no mistaking, even as this man awaits death, he is attempting to be in control, he wants to intimidate."
--Tookie Williams was a criminal. I don't understand people who protest outside of prisons (write your congressperson if you hate the death penalty). But dammit if I wasn't appalled when I read this. Could it be that maybe Williams was just scared shitless?


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Free Tookie!!!