Saturday, October 01, 2005

dino's gyro's


I've come across several bloggers who write marvelous restaurant reviews about marvelous restaurants. I suppose an evening at a fine eatery can only be enhanced by the experience of collecting one's thoughts and attempting to describe in prose the symphony which began in the mouth and continues into the gullet.

Being entirely unoriginal and forever questing for new material, I shall try my hand at finer art of restaurant reviews. Today's installment: the world renown Dino's Gyros.

I've been to Dino's before. I think the meat might be real. Did you know Arby's uses real meat? Turns out it really doesn't ship to Arby's stores in liquid form.

Today we had a party. The food was catered from Dino's. The chicken gyro meat was dry and tasteless. The lamb was dry and tasteless. The bread threatened freshness; they probably just microwaved it to revive it to semi-softness. The onions and tomatoes were most likely cut within the last week, so at least they weren't rotten. All in all, individual ingredients were average at best.

But o my god when they are put together if they don't taste like heaven. I think the secret is the tzatziki sauce. You could slap that stuff on a Cadillac bumper and I might like it.

We also had some of Dino's spicy feta. Try it. Try lots of it. The mixture of Tzatziki and spicy feta was divine, even if the "main" ingredients weren't.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Uhhh, Joel. You pronounced it wrong, it is pronounced gyro...