Monday, September 18, 2006

jesus and the aclu

Bumper stickers amuse me. If it were safe, I'd take pictures of my favorite bumbers while driving. However, considering I already talk on my cell phone, drink coffee, change songs on my iPod, and yell at the kids while driving, it believe it behooves me to abstain from adding yet another distraction.

Alas, it saddens me to not have a picture of my new favorite bumber. Yesterday while driving home from The Gap, I passed a car with a Jesus! bumper sticker placed immediately to the right (co-incidence? Jesus is a republican) of a sticker with ACLU circled with a line through it.

I'm still a bit naive. I didn't realize so many Christians had it in for the ACLU. Until I got home and browsed the web. Holy smokes. I even found a website that proclaimed "ACLU - Jesus Christ lives. Get over it!"

I like Jesus. And I don't mind the ACLU. Any group which expresses concern about the Patriot Act and files lawsuits against the government for conducting warrantless wiretapping is just fine with me.

3 comments:

Joe said...

My pastor is a card carrying member of the ACLU. So, don't feel alone on this one.

And call me sometime, seriously.

pearl said...

Great bumper sticker (the "No exceptions" one that is, not the "ACLU Get over it" one).

gloria said...

We are generally too uptight to stick bumper stickers on our car... but we caved in and got one from Sojourners a few years back: "God is NOT a Republican, or a Democrat."