Do you ever wish you could make time stand still? I do. Everyday.
My daughter is two, will turn 3 this November. My son is 10 months. I'm told a day will come when they won't want anything to do with me. Someday, I'll be just Dad, the dorky & annoying old man who doesn't know shit. But today, I'm Daddy, the best thing in the whole world. I make forts, read stories, play puzzles, and (in Sam's case) give them whatever they want to eat. Including chips. I'm daddy. There's no-one better. And my heart is full. Can time stand still?
My daughter is bossy. I think it's funny. She does yoga. I think she takes after my wife. "Down dog" is the name of something related to yoga. Do you call it a "position"? or "stretch"? or....who cares-it's yoga. Whatever happened to drinking to reduce stress.
Anyway, my daughter now knows about "Down Dog." Basically, you plant your hands and feet on the ground and then stick your ass as far in the air as you can. And now Ana does it. Today, she informed me that "Daddy, you do down dog, and then I'm going to push you over."
No comments:
Post a Comment