Sunday, November 06, 2005

alito

Congratulations are in order. President Bush successfully avoided nominating a woman or a minority to the supreme court. All hail the white man, maker of America, defender of the republic. We the people? Just a pipedream. We the white men.

President Bush is a genius. His nomination of Harriet Miers was but a clever ruse - stick it in your ear Sandra and Laura. Obviously, Mr. Bush nominated Ms. Miers because she was incredibly unqualified, ensuring her nomination would flop, and Mr. Bush would be able to accomplish his ultimate goal - appoint another white man. Our country is a melting pot (or maybe a gumball machine), but thank God our President is smart enough to know white men make better judges, lawyers, and lawmakers.

As for my opinion of Judge Alito, I'm reserving comment. I simply haven't read enough about his past opinions to make a qualified judgment. I would, however, like to take this opportunity to remind liberals and conservatives alike that supreme court judges do more than make decisions related to a woman's right to an abortion.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have you been taking those crazy pills again? You know, the ones that make you come up with conspiracy theories? If so, please stop immediately and go see your doctor. I'd like to have my old friend back at some point soon.

gloria said...

preach it brother!