Saturday, March 26, 2005

scalia revisited

My blogging buddy timbu has posted a response to my take on the death penalty. I deeply appreciate his post, mostly because we do not agree, yet he disagrees in such a way that makes me wish we did. His writing reminds me of something blatantly missing from our country's present policical arena. Intead of respectful debate, we're forced to observe desruptive polemical politicians. And they wonder why much of the country is so apathetic.

I'd also like to aplaud timbu for his courage. His post is the "most incendiary thing" he's ever written in his blog. I'm quickly learning how hard it is to be completely honest when writting these blogs. Mostly, we're probably afraid of rejection...maybe we're just scared. We're scared of what I'd describe as "cognitive nakedness" - exposing our innermost thoughts for all to read.

Sometime in the near future I'll post a more formal reply to timbu's take on the supreme court's latest death penalty decision.

Peace,
the preacher

No comments: