My favorite comment:
As I watched the Republican debate, I was reminded that my favorite Republican candidate, John McCain, is much to hawkish for my tastes. Never fear - if Hilary wins the Democratic nomination I'll probably still vote for McCain, but reluctantly. I don't like the "Muslims are out to get us so we should fight wars to prove we are badasses" rhetoric.I wish someone would say the following to Hillary:
Senator, I served with Bill Clinton; I knew Bill Clinton; Bill Clinton was a friend of mine. Senator, you’re no Bill Clinton.
As for the democratic debate: I see a Obama-Edwards ticket brewing. First, Hilary only hurt herself by getting red faced mad and claiming she has 35 years of experience making change. Here's the problem - when she talks of her "experience" she's implicitly asking people to vote for her because she's Bill's husband, not because of her own merits. Her "experience" is that of a President's wife, not as a president. And she tried to reform health care....i don't think it ended as succesfully as she'd like. If she's spent 35 years making change, why are things so shitty now? If this is "change," I'm not interested.
Back to the Obama-Edwards ticket. Obama is now the front runner. As such, he avoided direct criticisms of Hilary. He left the attacking for Mr. Edwards. Brilliant. John knows he's not going to be nominated, so why not start campaigning for Vice-President? I like it.
And he kept up the attacks today while campaigning, too! Check out this report from the New Hampshire campaign trail, where Edwards calls the Clinton campaign "without conscience."
No comments:
Post a Comment