This year (almost), I'm excited for an election, mostly because I'm excited to back a candidate: Barack Obama. What do I like?
- He's handsome. Handsome candidates win elections.
- He's honest, at least by politician standards. When asked if he "inhaled," his answer (which cleverly also attacked Billary), "of course I inhaled. That was the point."
- Oprah likes him.
- I like his strategy on energy. He supports developing alternative fuels, but also specifically draws attention to the fact that Corn-based ethanol is a bad idea.
- His "inexperience," which is currently being criticized by the Clinton and Edwards camp, is refreshing. If "experience" in Washington is what has produced the malaise of the last 8 years, I'm not impressed.
- He opposed the Iraq war before he opposed it.
- His ability to articulate a message makes me suspicious I could once again watch a State of the Union address.
- I'm hopeful his background lends well to a better, more moderate, foreign policy, where diplomacy is once again a focus.
1 comment:
amen. how's life?
Post a Comment