Sunday, September 16, 2007

chili log

I make a lot of chili, especially during football season. I find nothing goes better with football than a bowl of chili and a few dozen beers.

My chili is never the same. My ADD shines through.

In an effort to keep track of the batches I like and the batches I end up giving to my neighbors, I'm going to start blogging the recipe everytime I make chili. Here's what I did today:

1/2 pound rib steak, cubed
1/2 pound hot Italian sausage
1/2 red onion
a handful of ancho chili pepper
3 garlic cloves
1 green pepper
4 embasa chipotle peppers
1 bottle of Sam Adams
14.5 oz can of whole peeled tomatos, lightly chopped
handful of tortilla chips, crumpled up
8 oz of chicken stock

I'll let you know how I like it in about 4 hours.

2 comments:

kristieh said...

how did you like it? i'm making chili for football sunday.

timmer k. said...

Mmmm...I loves me some chili.

Let us know how it all turned out.

Oh, and btw, if you haven't bought the new Iron & Wine CD, now is the time to do so. It's called "Shepherd's Dog." You'll love it.