Supreme Court Upholds Oregon Suicide Law
I'm not a law expert, but why is that the conservative wing of the court seems to favor State's rights unless it the issue conflicts with the conservative agenda? This summer, the court ruled that Federal agents could arrest people in California who grew pot in their backyards for medical purposes, even though the law in California allows residents to do so. Now, the conservative wing of the court (including new member Judge Roberts), in their dissenting opinion, criticize Oregon's law which allows for physician-assisted suicide.
I'm all for the conservative ideal of state's rights. I just wish it would be applied consistently.
I'm not a law expert, but why is that the conservative wing of the court seems to favor State's rights unless it the issue conflicts with the conservative agenda? This summer, the court ruled that Federal agents could arrest people in California who grew pot in their backyards for medical purposes, even though the law in California allows residents to do so. Now, the conservative wing of the court (including new member Judge Roberts), in their dissenting opinion, criticize Oregon's law which allows for physician-assisted suicide.
I'm all for the conservative ideal of state's rights. I just wish it would be applied consistently.
1 comment:
Would you agree that growing a weed in your back yard is on a different level that taking someones life, or at the very best, helping them take their own life? Just curious.
Post a Comment