As I write this, I'm sitting on my front porch, sipping a drink, and enjoying the fresh spring air. Isn't wireless internet grand?
I saw the latest Star Wars installment last week. George Lucus set the bar low enough with the last two that I came away satisfied. The only thing I remember about Phantom Menance was that it was terrible, and I fell asleep in the theatre watching Attack of the Clones. With the newest offering, I at least stayed awake.
Don't get me wrong, the movie was still below average. The dialog was worse than a made for tv movie. Yet, it was at least good to finally complete the story. It's like when you've been working on a project in your house for four years. You don't really care if it gets done or not, but then you finally finish and it feels good.
Or like my brother's canoe. He started building a canoe from scratch 5 years ago. It turned out to be more work than he anticipated, and he's still working on it. At this point, he dreads the thought of the stupid canoe, but damn, if it won't feel good when its finally finished.
This latest Star Wars movie is like the canoe: you don't really want to see it, don't really enjoy watching it, but when you get up to leave the theater, you're a little bit sad the saga is over.
1 comment:
This blog made me laugh - unexpectedly - I had to wipe spit off my screen - but it was worth it
Post a Comment